Monday 12 January 2009

A happy New Year and a happy birthday to my blog!

I'm back. In fact, I hadn't actually gone anywhere. Nope, I just vegged out over Christmas and over the past week have been trying to get on top of my blog reading (only 370 posts to go!). That is, vegged out in my kind of way, with lots of cooking, sewing, gardening and having lots of barbeques and coffees with friends. (Actually I'm now addicted to caffeine again, and have been having some serious withdrawal symptoms!)

There's lots in store, such as some freezer paper stencils that I've been playing with (finally!), a follow up on the pants and some other nifty things. Today is also the 1 year anniversary of my blog, so when I get my act together of course there will be a giveaway. Hooray!

In the mean time, I'm going to share with you something seriously impressive:


This is Gib sewing. He wanted me to applique some flames onto fabric, and when I saw his design told him that instead I would show him how to do it and he could do it himself. And then there he is appliqueing the flames. He did a damn fine job too, so very neatly done. Not only that, but he now sees why I like sewing and the freedom it gives you. Awesome.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Glad to see you are back and refreshed - sounds like fun break.

Love seeing a man at the machine, and those flames look great.

Liesl said...

A very happ blogversary and welcome back.

That photo of Gib is a beauty to behold ... a man at a machine. I like it!

Liesl said...

Hmmm, or even a very happy blogversary. Can't type for nuts today!

Melanie said...

happy blog birthday and grats on finding a bloke with such versatility.

Jenaveve said...

Oh that's gold! He looks so serious too. Well done Gib - and congratulations to you Beth on the big one-double-oh!!

Sounds like you had a great break.

Taccolina said...

Hooray for Gib and that frown of concentration! James wants to try quilting sometime, but he suspects he'd never stop once he started, or so he says.

We have the same biscuit tin! Ours is full of tea lights...

Jemma. said...

Very cute!
What was the purpose for the flamey fabric??

-Jemma