Friday 1 August 2008

Taste Sensation! Errr... not so sure I want to taste these ones...

Yesterday we discovered another local asian grocer that we haven't been into before. We bought a packet of dried guava with chili and it tastes delicious, a lot like eating ginger. But then there were other Taste Sensations to be discovered, like this...


Yes, that does indeed say Chinese forest frog's oviduct & red bean lotus seed sweets. Sorry, this is one Taste Sensation I'm not so keen to taste. Anyone for some forest frog oviduct? Good for replenishing kidney essence, nourishing yin and moistening the lung!

This is one of my two mischeivous pet rats, Kita, pretending to be a dumpling for the camera. I wouldn't want to eat her either. Apart from the fact I don't think rats would make great dumplings, she's way too cute -- in my somewhat biased eyes, anyway. Although not as bright and outgoing as her sister, Pippa, she certainly makes up for it in charm and affection. She's a real snuggler but doesn't cope well if woken up before midday (understandable).

2 comments:

Liesl said...

Ah yup ... I would have passed on the frog too!

Jenaveve said...

Yeah, me too. Clearly I'm not that adventurous! :)