Wednesday 19 March 2008

Taste Sensation: Fresh Pie

So Gib and I were in the supermarket and we saw this: Fresh Pie. It looked neither fresh nor pie-like and so this was to be our next Taste Sensation. The whole packaging just screamed Taste Sensation!


The outside of the "pie" kind of like foam rubber with a thin plastic coating. Not appealing to me so far and definitely not "fresh" at all. But upon eating the texture was far better than I anticipated! Quite light and fluffy and not entirely foam tasting, it blended well with the mock cream with raspberrry/strawberry conserve. But even Gib, who regularly scoffs down vast quantities of highly processed foods, struggled with the sweetness of these little things. I cannot impart upon you just how incredibly sweet these were. But, as promised, you could actually taste the strawberry and raspberry combination. I think during those times of extreme sugar cravings, these are a definite "yes" to buy again. This was a Taste Sensation success!

3 comments:

carrotpreacher said...

Hello, great blog, I noticed you had Underworld listed as one of your music favorites which leads me to believe that you like electronica which also leads me to think we have similar musical tastes. If you do, please read my latest post (in fact, read the last few to understand what my blog is about). I'm trying to get this music thing going grassroots style.

Unknown said...

thank you for your kind words! your blog is nice, too!

Dr. Health said...

But, as promised, you could actually taste
the strawberry and raspberry combination.