Friday 18 January 2008

What has been and what's to come...

My biggest problem growing up was always my inability to finish whatever sewing project I'd started. Recently I worked it out what the problem was: Most of the projects I've attempted previously haven't been very functional, so I lost interest. Cross stitch or embroidery pictures or toys. Last October, inspired to make a baby present for my pregnant friend, I started thinking more about sewing and found some interesting blogs and books and it just went from there.

As I'm getting more confident with my sewing I'm branching out a bit more - coming up with a concept and THEN working out how to do it, rather than finding something I like and making it my own. I've discovered that it's ok to have a short attention because you don't have to spend 30 hours on something to make it look good.

I had quite a few projects on the go leading up to Christmas which I'd eventually like to retrospectively add to this blog, just so I can see my improvement over the months.

So, still to come (in order of my confidence level, but not necessarily the order in which they'll be posted)

  • Paintbrush storage for my other buddy, Kat
  • A little reversible apron for my buddy, Ozelm
  • A sun hat to protect my delicate, pale skin
  • A messenger bag to replace my falling-to-bits work bag
  • Comfy black pants

1 comment:

My Blog said...

As I'm getting more confident with my sewing I'm branching out a bit more - coming up with a concept and THEN working out how to do it, rather than finding something I like and making it my own.